C-LOG (Custom-LOG) is designed to expand dynamic range and give Canon DSLRs without official “Canon LOG” a similar capability. With C-LOG you gain a professional LOG colour grading workflow. C-LOG gives you back the ability to use LUTs designed for Canon LOG and other presets in post. Now you have an unlimited range of looks and more dynamic range to play with.
1. EOSHD C-LOG (Custom LOG)
C-LOG (Custom LOG) greatly extends dynamic range in the shadows to match that of Canon LOG as closely as possible. This means you can expose for the highlights and maximise the dynamic range of your videos.
This is not an official Canon LOG profile but the difference in performance is minimal. I have for months been fine tuning the EOSHD C-LOG Picture Profile on my 1D C, so that all other Canon DSLRs can benefit from it as well. The only difference is that the official Canon 1D C LOG mode has a bit more latitude in the highlights, but they are VERY similar!
Also in the deal are a set of film simulation modes, to maximise the superb colour and skintones of the Canon DSLR range. No grading required in post.
Canon has some of the most pleasing colour science available, however their factory-default picture styles have always been very conservative and all rather similar.
These will give you a more interesting and contemporary look straight off the card in both JPEG stills and video mode (4K / 1080p / 720p)
2. EOSHD Scarlett (silver blacks and a soft film-like texture but vivid, rich colour)
3. EOSHD Chrome (moody desaturated cinema look for drama, horror, sci-fi)
4. EOSHD Mono-Adams (high contrast black and white, adding drama to landscape and cityscape scenes)
5. EOSHD Monochrome (low contrast black and white, for portraits and a classic 1960’s Italian cinema style)
I have also created a profile for bringing out the most flattering skintones, giving a healthy vitality to faces without lowering overall contrast.
6. EOSHD Vivid SkinTone (alive colour, electricity to image, overall vitality to skin)
7. EOSHD Cinema 1 (highest contrast and saturation)
8. EOSHD Cinema 2 (raised black level but maintains high contrast)9. EOSHD Cinema 3 (normal saturation and contrast)
10. EOSHD Cinema 4 (a more muted and less stylised film look for all-round cinema)
In total you get 10 profiles including C-LOG!
I recommend these profiles for use with the following Canon cameras :
Canon 1D X Mark II
Canon 1D XCanon 1D C
Canon 5D Mark IV
Canon 5D Mark III
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 80D, 70D, 60D
Canon 7D Mark II
Canon 7D original / Rebel series
Canon 760D to 550D (T2i)