This new little gadget is called Pilot Era and it claims to be the first all-in-one 8K 360° VR camera with in-camera stitching. No post-processing needed. The camera is in the midst of an Indiegogo campaign right now so let’s have a closer look, shall we?
The problem with most current 360° cameras is the image quality is too low and the video produced is blurry when viewed in VR headsets. Or, the camera is too big and has a cumbersome workflow which requires a powerful and expensive computer to process files, with long wait times. With Pilot Era, these problems are solved.
* Large touch screen with live preview and full control
* Simple and familiar Android & OS
* In-camera stitching of 8K 24FPS/6K 30FPS videos
* 8K photos with optical flow stitching
* Stand-alone 4K 30FPS live streaming via Wi-Fi/Ethernet and 4G
* Optimized to publish straight from the camera to GSV
* 512GB storage & 3.5 hours battery life
* The Pilot Era 8K 360° camera comes with some impressive specs, indeed. If it holds up in terms of image quality remains to be seen, of course.